Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy New Year



It's been two weeks since I posted anything here on my blog, so I wanted to pop in, say hello, and wish you a happy new year!

How is 2014 going for you so far?

Here's what's been happening around here lately.  

Lately, I've been giving a lot of thought to what I want to accomplish this year. To which goals are most important, and how much time and energy and money I want to devote to each.  

Lately, I've been sorting through boxes and boxes of my teaching supplies, and deciding what to keep, what to give away, and what to throw out. I've also been reminiscing as I look at drawings and notes from former students and glance at photos from field trips and special classroom activities.  Sometimes, I miss teaching (especially the days with my fourth graders), but most often, I feel very lucky and happy to be at home with Noah.     

Lately, I've been polishing an article about animal communication and researching presidential pets for a second piece.

Lately, I've been processing photos from Noah's birthday party earlier this month.  (I hope to have a post up later this week.)

Lately, I've been flossing my teeth while Noah plays in the bathtub. I've never been good at remembering to floss, but this year I want to try to make a habit of it.

Lately, I've been slowly working on my December Daily album, adding patterned paper and a few embellishments. 

Lately, I've been watching Downton Abbey with Brian. It's one of the few television shows we watch together, and although I know Brian doesn't love it like I do, I love that he watches it with me anyway. 

Lately, I've been writing thank you notes for Noah's birthday gifts.

Lately, I've been walking on the treadmill three times a week during Noah's nap time. But I keep telling myself I need to step it up big time (as in, "Run, Jennie, run!") if I'm going to attempt a 12K in April.  

Lately, I've been singing Kumbaya, My Lord and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Row, Row, Row Your Boat.  Noah enthusiastically sings along, uttering every fourth or fifth word, which makes my heart happy.  

What have you been up to lately?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...