Saturday, January 18, 2014

Noah's Second Birthday Party



We celebrated Noah's second birthday earlier this month with a John Deere tractor party!

If you're a regular reader, you know how much Noah adores anything and everything John Deere.

Noah loved riding on this small tractor as well as the larger tractor (see below). Thanks to our friend, Sten, for loaning us both tractors for the party.

In preparation for this party, I gathered lots of ideas from where else...Pinterest! I enjoyed perusing blog posts that contained photos and write-ups on their John Deere parties.

In this post, I'm going to share lots of pictures from the party (since I know many of you are friends and family), but I've also included information about the decorations, food, and attire, in case you've arrived here in search of ideas for your own tractor party. 

INVITATION & THANK YOU CARDS
I purchased Noah's birthday invitation and thank you cards from this Etsy seller. Costco printed the 4x6 birthday invitations, and I printed the thank you cards here at home. 



ATTIRE
I bought Noah's 24-month John Deere shirt on eBay.
We also bought a John Deere hat (not pictured) at Tractor Supply Co.

PAPER PRODUCTS
Finding John Deere products at the stores near my home proved to be challenging.  I tried Wal-Mart and Party City, but neither had any John Deere party supplies.  My advice if you're planning your own JD party?  Shop early. That way, if you can't find party supplies at your local Wal-Mart or Target, you'll still have time to order supplies online.

Plates | I ordered John Deere tractor plates on Amazon, but unfortunately, they didn't arrive in time for the party. (Luckily, I had white plates on hand.) Noah has been enjoying the tractor plates at lunch time ever since they arrived.

Cups | Solid green and yellow paper cups from Party City worked well. (I also bought green and yellow dessert plates there.)  

FOOD & DRINK
Sandwiches | I ordered two sandwich trays from Raley's.

Other Food | We munched on vegetables (broccoli, celery and carrots), veggie straws, Oreo cookies, and Cracker Jacks.

Drinks | We kept it simple, offering lemonade, soda, and water.


Cake | I ordered Noah's birthday cake at Raley's. I provided them with a photo I found online and voila, they worked their magic. 

Cake Topper Set | After Brian brought the cake home, I added the fences, trees, and tractor (all part of this cake topper set from Amazon).


DECORATIONS
Table Decorations | I bought green and yellow tablecloths and handkerchiefs at Party City. I also gathered up all of Noah's John Deere tractors (and tractor books) and put them on the tables. In addition, I placed photos of Noah out (Deco prints from Snapfish), along with green and yellow balloons. 



Banner | I purchased a Happy Birthday banner from this Etsy seller, assembled it, and  hung it on our entertainment center.

Scrapbook Layouts | I hung four scrapbook layouts (one was all about Noah's love for tractors) on the family room wall.


 After eating lunch and opening presents, we sang happy birthday to Noah, blew out his two candles, and then feasted on cake and ice cream. (I don't know who was more excited, Noah or me!)


Last year, Noah wasn't a big fan of the cake.  This year, however, he LOVED it!  He also enjoyed some vanilla ice cream.

A big thanks to my friend Nicole, who snapped both pictures of the three of us.

Noah was showered with presents from family and friends!  Brian and I bought him a Strider balance bike.





The day before Noah's party, I saw this idea online: Bury items in the sand and then ask the kids to use their tractors (or shovels) to find them. Fun, fun, fun, I thought.  As you can see on the left hand side of the sandbox, the boys were successful in locating many of the buried carrots and heads of lettuce.

Here are a few more shots from the party:

Noah with his godparents.

Noah with his great-grandma, grandma and daddy.

Noah with both of his paternal grandmothers and daddy. (As you can see, Noah spent lots of time "driving" on the big tractor!)

Happy 2nd Birthday to my favorite tractor-loving toddler, Noah!

Love,






AKA Mama

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...