Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sweet Memories Layout


Lately, I've been giving some thought to "happy" things that our family does--activities that have become rituals and traditions-- that are not already represented in stories here on my blog, in scrapbook layouts, or on Instagram or Facebook.

Singing with Noah is one of the first things that came to mind since it's difficult to capture with my camera, and we don't shoot a ton of video. I've been singing to Noah for the past two years, and sometimes now, he sings right along with me.


This layout is all about capturing the words to those songs, as well as documenting the titles of songs that Noah currently loves.


I had difficulty finding a "singing" photo, so I opted to include a photo of Noah and me reading. At night, after Noah and I read a book or two, I'll turn out the light and sing a few songs as we rock in the glider.

Here is the journaling:

Noah baby, you’re the one
You make our lives so much fun
Noah baby, I’m awfully fond of you…
Dobadabubadideedoo.
(Tune: The Rubber Ducky theme song)

Noah baby, you're so sweet
You make our lives oh-so-complete
Noah baby, I’m awfully fond
of you…Dobadabubadideedoo.
(You laugh when I sing that last line.)

Good Morning to you,
Good Morning to you,
We’re all in our places,
With sunshiny faces,
And this is the way
to start a new day.

(My mom sang this song to me when
I was little, and her mom sang it
to her when she was little, and now
I sing it to you--even though you’re
not so little anymore.)
  
Other songs you love to sing (and I love to sing with you!):
“The Wheels on the Bus”
“Down by the Bay”
“Kumbaya My Lord”
“Take Me Out to the Ballgame”
“The ABC song”
“Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
“Row, Row, Row Your Boat”

I used the free font, Mom's Typewriter, for the text, and most of the paper and embellishments are from past Scrapbook Circle kits.  

I've used this layout before for a scrapbook page. Back in July 2011, I created a digital layout (below) about my dad and me using this Ali Edwards' digital template.

Journaling reads:

My dad and I are alike in many ways. We love to "blend" in the car. We are night owls. We love country music. We enjoy reading. We are introverted. We like to watch episodes of The Office. We love taking pictures with our DSLRs. We are thinkers and worriers. We love spending time in the great outdoors. We enjoy helping others. Photo taken in Ocean Shores, Washington. July 1984

This simple and versatile design makes it easy to document stories and share photographs. I have a feeling I'll be using it again.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...