Thursday, June 26, 2014

Our Adoption Website

As I mentioned in this post, I've been hard at work on our adoption website.

Today, I'm pleased to announce that our website is available online:

www.brianandjennieadopt.com

Here's a look at the Home page:


And a look at the Contact page:


All photos on these pages were taken by Mindy Newton of Mindy Newton Photography.

To see the pages in between, hop on over to our website.

It's true that I wrote this post primarily to share our adoption website with you.

But I also wrote it to answer a few questions, not only for family and friends, but also for prospective adoptive parents.

Questions like...

Q: WHY DO YOU NEED A WEBSITE?

A: Well, the short answer is that we want to reach as many people as we can.  We want birth parents to be able to read about us online, and if they're interested, to be able to contact us quickly and easily.

In 2011, Noah's birth mother found us online (our website was linked to adoptiononline.com). If Noah's birth mother was surfing the internet looking for an adoptive family, then I know there must be other birth parents out there doing the same thing right now.

Q: DOESN'T IT FEEL WEIRD TO HAVE YOUR LIFE ON DISPLAY?

A. Yep, it does feel a little strange, especially because I'm a pretty private person. However, I'm okay with it because I know that the more people who know we want to adopt, the greater the chance of "matching" with a birth mother or birth parents.

Plus, I think our website gives birth parents a window into our lives.  They get to learn about Brian, Noah and me and our extended family, see pictures of where we live, and what we like to do. Ultimately, we hope that a birth mother will be able to visualize her child growing up in our family.

Q: HOW DID YOU CREATE YOUR ADOPTION WEBSITE?

A: I used www.wix.com, which I heard about through another adoptive parent.

Wix makes it SO easy to design a website! The editor is intuitive and user-friendly with lots of options. Plus, there is absolutely NO coding! And best of all, it's FREE to create a website.

Of course, you'll also need a host, and in our case, a domain name, both of which cost money. (We opted for the $8.95/month plan, which includes hosting and a domain name.)

While designing our website, I ran into two small issues and emailed support@wix.com.  Both times, their support staff responded quickly with easy-to-understand explanations. The second time, I even received an accompanying screenshot so I would know what to look for in the editor.

Q: AS A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND, WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?

1 | Share!
  • Tell family and friends about our website--in person, by telephone, or email. 
  • Post a link to our website on your Facebook page.  (I'll be posting a link to FB shortly.)
  • Take a screenshot of our website and upload it to Instagram with the link.
  • Tweet a link to our website.
2 | Pray! Enough said.

3 | If you're not the praying kind, good thoughts are appreciated, too.

Thanks, in advance, for your support. Brian and I appreciate your efforts in getting the word out that we'd like to adopt again.

Blessings,






 P.S. Our adoption profile books and pass-along cards have arrived! I'll share pictures of both soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...