Monday, March 23, 2015

AE Story Kit | Gatherings Layout


The day after Christmas, I signed up for Ali Edwards' Story Kit subscription, intent on making at least one scrapbook layout a month this year.

In January/February, I made two layouts using Ali Edwards' "Firsts" kit.

This month, I created a Christmas tree page using the second story kit. It features papers/chipboard stickers/thread from the "gatherings" kit. (Exceptions: The star is from the am/pm kit, and the red ribbon with pom-poms is from my stash.)


At my dad's family's Christmas gathering last year, I hung a simple photo backdrop outside (thanks, Preston, for your help with the streamers!), and set out some paper props on a nearby table.

Brian helped encourage everyone to get in front of the camera. Even my dad posed for a picture!

As you likely guessed, I was behind the lens for most of the photos, but I couldn't pass up the chance to pose with a few of my favorite female family members, even if I did look like Rudolph in a few of them.


From the beginning, I knew I wanted to include both a TON of pictures and A LOT of journaling in this layout. To do so, I glued all of the photos to a piece of red 12x12 card stock and then trimmed it down. From there, I adhered the red card stock tree to the kraft card stock, but only at the top.

That allowed me to flip the tree up, where I added word art cards and journaling.

Journaling:
For the past 25+ years, we've gathered either in the Sacramento area or the Bay area to celebrate Christmas together. What started as the "Sabel" Family Christmas now includes the Keys, Kovarik, Harless, and Meredith families. We generally gather the Saturday before Christmas, but this year (2014), we celebrated at my parents' house two days after Christmas. No matter when or where we gather, we have a great time! There's always food, presents, picture-taking, and lots of chatting and hugs! I SO LOVE these gatherings!

At many of the Christmas gatherings in the past, we've taken a group photo of everyone in attendance.  This past year was no exception. On this layout, in the area under the tree (on the kraft-colored card stock), I'm planning to display a group photo from 2014, along with any others I can find on my computer or obtain from family. (Mom & Aunts: If you have access to any group Christmas photos from the past, will you please send them my way?  Thank you!)

What gatherings have you documented lately?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...