Sunday, April 5, 2009

Color Inspiration #48: Come to Me


It's time for another one of Kristina Werner's Color Challenges, but before I discuss this week's card, I wanted to share my utter {joy} at having my just ducky! card (above) chosen as one of Kristina's Top 20 for Color Inspiration #47. My day was made! You can check out all twenty picks HERE!


Here's my Come to Me card. I love the colors this week, especially the kiwi kiss and baja breeze combination. But since they are both SU! in colors (and I don't own any of that paper), I chose to use some Amy Butler paper instead. And with the influence of today's powerful Palm Sunday Mass, I chose to incorporate a biblical verse in my card. I love that Verve stamps has a good selection of scripture stamps!




It's hard to see in these pictures, but I stamped the scripture verse with SU! Certainly Celery ink, covered it in SU! clear embossing powder, and then heated it up with my heating tool.


{supplies}
Stamp: Verve stamps
Paper: Amy Butler Belle Mat Pad from K & Company (Jo-Ann's); Brown cardstock (SU!)
Ink: Certainly Celery (SU!); Chocolate Brown (SU!); Creamy Brown Chalk Ink (ColorBox)
Ribbon: Brown Polka Dots (Papertrey)
Accessories: Felt flowers (SU!); Threading Water Border Punch (Fiskars); Clear embossing powder (SU!); Embossing heat tool (Marvy Uchida); Me & My Big Ideas Icons (da bling!); Foam Dimensionals (SU!); Zots

Thanks, Kristina, for another fun Color Challenge! Here's to a fabulous Monday! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design. I love the randomly placed little flowers. Great job on the color challenge!

Britta Swiderski said...

Cute! The Amy Butler paper goes so well with this challenge. The flowers are my favorite part- they're perfect!

Winter said...

Pretty card! Love the sentiment, I'm going to have to check out some of those stamps! :)

Tina said...

YOU ROCK!!!! You made it to Kristina's top 20!!! whooo hoooo!
I'd be estatic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...