Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Steve and Nicole!

Eight years ago today, our good friends, Nicole and Steve tied the knot! (Congrats, guys!)

I was honored to be one of Nicole's bridesmaids and Brian was my dashing date. It was a beautiful ceremony and fun reception!


It was {such} a wonderful day, in fact, that I really wanted to scrap it. So, after the wedding, I began doing just that. I mounted a few photos on black cardstock and pulled together some purple papers. Then, somehow my scrapbook layout plans fell by the wayside. Fast forward to about two months ago...I was rummaging through our guest closet when I discovered a plastic ziplock bag containing a stack of wedding photos--some cropped, some mounted and some untouched--along with some purple papers. As I sorted through the images and reminisced about the day, I thought, "How cool would it be to finish what I had started and finally create a layout in honor of Steve and Nicole's special day?!"

And as you can see, that's just what I did...


While I was pulling together the layout, I went searching for Nicole and Steve's wedding invitation hoping to be able to incorporate some of the words from it on the page. As luck would have it, I located the invitation and pulled from it this lovely quotation, "Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love." Then, I played with the font type and size before printing it out on white cardstock.

To the right of the quote strip, check out this celebratory picture of the groomsmen! (Chris' pose--on the far left--is my favorite. It looks as if he's in the midst of jumping over a hurdle, doesn't it?!)


As you've probably noticed, my layouts tend to be very photo heavy! I squeezed in five photos on the main panel of the layout, but I still had two more pictures that I wanted to include.
That's where this circle tag came in handy! I placed pictures on either side, starting with the picture of the groomsmen holding Nicole.


And as you can see, I wasn't paying attention when I adhered the picture of the bridesmaids holding Steve. Oh well...at least it's hidden from view in the pocket.


My favorite photo on the layout is the one in the top right corner. Just seconds before this shot, Nicole and Steve had strolled down the aisle as husband and wife, amid clapping and cheering from friends and family. In this moment, the photographer captured the two of them sharing a celebratory hug. So cute!


This picture is my second favorite, but it didn't make it onto the layout because I located it after I had already completed the photo collage. Thankfully the pocket is large enough to accommodate the circle tag, this picture, and the wedding invitation.

Congratulations again, Nicole and Steve! Here's to many more years of wedded happiness!

{supplies}
Bazzill black cardstock
SU! white cardstock
Purple papers (Unknown)
Papertrey black and white polka dot ribbon
SU! heart punch
Making Memories silver letters
SU! Top Note Die
Rhinestone stickers (Michael's stores)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...