Friday, June 5, 2009

Dawn McVey's Color Challenge #8


Happy Friday! Time for another Dawn McVey color challenge! As you can see above, the colors in Challenge #8 include: bright pink, cream, chocolate, and kraft. But the bright pink above and the bright pink in my card are completely different shades. Oh well!


Here's my entry: a fun pinwheel card! Fitting, given it's springtime around here! I really don't know where the pinwheel idea came from, but once it popped into my head, it stubbornly refused to leave. Never having made a pinwheel before (or not that I can recall anyway), I headed online to find instructions. CLICK HERE for the tutorial. It was super EASY! :-)


This pinwheel is quite tiny, even though it may not look like it in this picture. I started with just a 2" x 2" square.

The pearls were an afterthought and I'm not sure if they work. I was looking for some way to embellish the button, along with the corners of the card.

I try to always include a sentiment in my cards, but I couldn't find one that really worked here. Printing a sentiment like spring has sprung or happy spring inside the card would be an option.


And I've discovered a flaw on my card...eeek! It's funny how I didn't see it when I was putting together the card. Or when I was photographing the card. It was only when the pictures were displayed on my monitor that the mistake jumped out at me. Do you see it? Check out the cream border--it's much thicker on the right than it is on the left. Whoopsey-doopsey! (I know, I'm a complete-and-utter dork...and I'm ok with that!)

{pinwheel card supplies}
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! and Papertrey
Patterned Paper: SU!
Ribbon: SU!
Button: Unknown
Pearls: Recollections rhinestone stickers

5 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Being a dork is a good thing and honestly I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out! I LOVE the pinwheel! Very cute, very fun, and very summer!

Mimi said...

LOVE that pinwheel! I saw one at Michael's today and was wondering how to make one, then TAH DAH, your post! Thanks for the instructions! Your card is really cute!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What an adorable pin wheen accent! Super job on the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

So cute! The pinwheel reminds me of when I was a child! :)

Katie Beth said...

This pinwheel card is SOO cute! It reminds me of when Aunt Kac used to design those and she would always bring them to family Christmas for us to play with!-- not sure whether you played with them too much because you may have already been in HS at that time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...