Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For Today: October 27th

I love this simple documentation idea from The Simple Woman's Daybook via Ali Edwards' blog:

FOR TODAY
October 27, 2009

Outside my workshop window...I hear the howl of the wind as it whips through our backyard.

I am thinking...about how much I enjoyed visiting Sutter's Fort today with my fourth graders. I have a confession to make, though. Today was the first time I'd ever set foot inside the Fort. Sure, I've driven past it many times, but I don't recall ever having toured it before.

I am thankful for...the internet. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to answer 22 homework questions about Sutter's Fort. (Since when do teachers have homework? Where, oh where is the answer key?)

I am wearing...my favorite Gap jeans, a long-sleeved white shirt and a comfy blue sweater that my in-laws gave me last Christmas.

I am creating...nothing right now. :-( Maybe after report cards are done, I'll have more time to play.

I am going...to gobble up a coffee mug's worth of mint chocolate chip ice cream and then hit the sack.

I am reading
...and grading fourth grade language arts assessments. I'm pretty sure I had no idea what a metaphor was when I was in fourth grade.

I am hoping...to finish my report cards this weekend.

I am hearing...Kenny Chesney sing You Save Me.

Around the house...Rudy is licking his front paws, while Lucy sleeps soundly nearby.

One of my favorite things...to do is listen to the musings of my fourth graders. Just today, I heard "Look guys, the clouds are moving!" and "Why is it that the bus driver wears a seat belt, but we don't?"

A few plans for the rest of the week...work, work out and work on spending time with my hubby.

A picture to share...Fool's Gold from the store at Sutter's Fort.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...