Sunday, June 20, 2010

Harleys and Dads

Happy Father's Day to my dad, my FIL, my grandfathers, and all dads out there!


I've been eager to share this photograph ever since I shot it back in mid-March during a photography field trip in Old Sacramento.  But I've been keeping it under wraps because I wanted to surprise my Harley-lovin' Dad with it for Father's Day.

Initially, I was going to frame this photograph (which is SOOC), but after more thought, I decided it would be even cooler to have the photograph mounted.  A photography friend of mine told me about a company called Mpix, which can take your photographs and create all kinds of cool products.  

One of them is called a Standout.  To create a standout, Mpix takes your photograph and mounts it to a 1.5 inch thick lightweight Gatorfoam board.  (It's similar to a gallery wrap, but much more economical.)  All I had to do was upload my photograph to their website, select the size (8 x 12) and the side color I wanted (black), and place my order.  It was fast and easy!  And Mpix shipped it out the next day.

I'm hoping my dad likes it, and will enjoy looking at it (up on the wall in his garage?) for years to come. 

Wishing you a great Sunday with family!
J

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Neat photo - I've heard of Mpix but never used them, I'll need to check them out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...