Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's Play

After I wrote this blog post about my family's trip to John's Incredible Pizza, I was inspired to create a layout using the pictures Brian took of us on the Frog Hopper ride.
  

Normally, it takes me days (if not, weeks) to complete a layout, because I hem and haw over which paper to use, which photos to include, how to arrange everything, etc.  This time, I wanted the focus to be on the photographs, so I ordered a bunch of shots from Costco.  That way, I'd have plenty to choose from and could crop them down as needed. 
 

Next, I pulled out three dominant colors (green, blue, and yellow) in the photos and found papers in the same shades.


Then, I found a layout sketch (from TwoPeas) in my scrapbooking binder.  I find I can work much quicker if I have a sketch in front of me.  The sketch was just what I was looking for: photo-heavy with spots for five photographs.


Later on in the day, I went shopping in Roseville and got lucky.  While browsing Michael's, I found the "let's PLAY" title for just 98 cents.  It's just what I needed to finish off this scrapbook page.  



Carve out some time to play today. 

You'll be glad you did.

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...