Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Favorite Cards


I've been doing a lot of reading on Ali Edwards' website, and one of the things she encourages scrapbookers to really think about is which stories they want to tell in their layouts.

About a month ago, I followed her advice and scrawled down a list of events/activities/vacations that I really want to document and remember.

One of the items on my list was creating a scrapbook layout with some of my favorite handmade greeting cards. And here it is!


Using Photoshop, I created five 4 x 6 canvasses, and shrunk the photos down to 2 x 2, fitting six photos onto each canvas. Then, I uploaded them to Costco and paid only 13 cents for each 4 x 6!


I adhered the 30 pictures to the paper, added some fun flower embellishments, and placed the Thickers letters down on the left page to form the "my favs" title.

Did I use a sketch? You bet. I found this one in the Scrapbooks Etc. Page Planner.


The journaling reads:
Making greeting cards has brought me such joy! For the past 3+ years, I've created hundreds of cards. Cards for family and friends, cards to sell online in my Etsy shop, cards to donate. Why do I make cards? Because cards acknowledge, celebrate, congratulate, comfort, praise, and thank those who are nearest and dearest to us. And I love getting cards, so I must give cards.


And two more things before I go...
1) Happy birthday to our friends, John and Steve!
2) Today's the day to get a free Slurpie at 7-Eleven, so get your slurp on! :-) But beware of brain freezes!

J

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I feel privileged to have received some of these cards. Your work is beautiful - nice to see you showcasing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...