Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fun at the Fair Layout

In August, Brian and I visited the Nevada County Fair. While ambling around the wooded grounds, I spotted a group of photo booths...and you know how much I {love} photo booths. After coaxing Brian into one, we posed for four snapshots. (Color photo booths were also available, but I opted for black and white pictures. Why? Well, it's cheaper and I just love their old-fashioned look.)

Since then, I've been eager to create a home for this special strip of images.


This layout features papers, stickers, and embellishments from the September Scrapbook Circle kit. The only thing I had to pull from my existing scrapbooking stash was a piece of 12 x 12 black card stock.


Aren't these papers whimsical and fun?! I love their bright and cheerful colors and patterns. But using so many different patterned papers together made me nervous. I threw caution to the wind, however, and just went for it.


I love the stark contrast between the colorful patterned papers and the black and white photographs. Hopefully, it aids in drawing your eye right to the strip of images.


The scrapbook page above from Scrapbooks Etc. Page Planner magazine provided the framework for my layout. With it as my inspiration and the kit supplies at the ready, I quickly and easily created this "Fun at the Fair" scrapbook page.

J

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So fun and very cute! I'm having fun working on your pics too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...