Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Lens

This weekend, the homebody in me was quite happy because I spent most of my time in and around the house.


I pulled on my gardening gloves and weeded the areas to the left and right of our front walkway.


I shot pictures of Gerbera daisies with my new Nikon lens. (And edited a few, like this one, with Pioneer Woman's actions.)

I worked on a scrapbooking layout of our 2009 trip to Yosemite.


Brian spent much of the weekend working on a media storage cabinet for his man cave. It's really coming along, and will look great below the television.


We ate dinner outside on the deck for the first time this summer. Steak, salad, and corn-on-the-cob...yum!


And for dessert, I made a batch of Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie n' Oreo Fudge Brownie Bars.

As you probably gleaned from the photo and the recipe's title, each bar has three layers: chocolate chip cookie, Oreo cookie, and brownie.

It is so rich, so decadent, so delicious.

Want to see more photos of this delicious treat? Or print out the recipe? Cruise on over to Amanda's blog at Kevin & Amanda. (Amanda is an amazing photographer! Her dessert pictures will have you salivating...and running to the kitchen to make a batch of your own.)

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

J

P.S. Happy birthday to our friends, Steve and John!

P.P.S. Stop by a 7-Eleven today for a FREE slurpee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...