Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yosemite Layout

In June 2009, I wrote a blog post about our trip to Yosemite with Brian's family.

Because it was such a memorable weekend, I decided to create a hybrid scrapbook layout.


As I've done several times before, I used a sketch from Scrapbooks Etc. Page Planner to help me get started.


The journaling is straight from my blog post. I had so many words to include that I had to split the journaling in half, displaying part of it on the left page and the rest on the right page.

The layered chipboard stickers--which I sprinkled over the entire layout--are from Colorbok.






As you can see in the journaling, I increased the size of a few words (like Mariposa Grove and Ansel Adams Gallery) to bring more attention to them.


For me, gazing at this scrapbook layout brings about dichotomous emotions.

I am happy that we had such a wonderful time with family in Yosemite.

But looking at pictures of Brian's grandfather makes me sad.

Grandpa Harless (pictured above in the striped blue shirt) passed away five months ago and he is greatly missed.

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...