Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Baby's World: What is Working For Us Right Now

Welcoming a baby into our family has changed our lives.

For the better, of course.

Baby Noah is now the center of our world.

My husband and I are learning day-by-day how best to care for our son and we're LOVING every second of it. 

Here's what's working for us in the baby department:   
























1) I love this SwaddleMe for wrapping up little Noah.  It's easy to use and easy to launder. The first few nights we placed Noah's arms inside it, but now he prefers his arms to be outside.























2) This JJ Cole Diapers and Wipes Pod was recommended to me by Julianna, the owner of Loved Again Children's Boutique.  A few diapers and a small container of wipes fit nicely inside; I keep it in the diaper bag for when we're out and about.
























3) While it's certainly not a necessity, I've found that having a bottle warmer is very convenient--especially when you're bottle feeding 6-8 times a day.  It also sanitizes pacifiers!






















4) I LOVE this book!!  It's really inspired me to pick up my camera and shoot, shoot, shoot!  I've already used a few of Me Ra Koh's photography recipes, and I plan to go back and re-read sections of this book throughout Noah's first year of life.























5) Itzbeen is a wonderfully helpful tool to keep track of diaper changes and feedings.  Which is especially important when both parents are rather sleep-deprived.  :-)  
























6) These multi-use pads were recommended by Sheri of Laugh & Learn.  I have one over the changing pad cover and another in the bassinet.   























7) Both Brian and I enjoyed watching this Newborn Baby Care Class online.  It's broken down into six lessons, which cover bathing (sponge and tub), dressing, swaddling, and diapering.  (Please note: These segments may not be particularly helpful for moms and dads who have already taken a similar class offered through your local hospital.)























8) I'd also highly recommend this newborn care book:  Heading Home With Your Newborn.























9) I purchased a wipe warmer for $10 from Loved Again, and while it's definitely not a necessity, I like having it for these cold winter months.  

Now, it's your turn.  Recent moms and dads: What have you found works well for you?

J

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...