Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Sweet Surprise



This morning, I received a surprise email from FutureMe.

Here's what the message said:

April 26, 2011
Dear FutureMe,
Right now you are:
Enjoying life.  It's spring break, so you're a wee bit happier than normal.  You've been spending time praying at church and really listening to Father Mike's and Deacon Dave's homilies.  You are trying to change negative thoughts into more positive ones.  Your knee is still bugging you; it may be time to see the doc about it.  You are trusting in the adoption process.  You are thankful for your loving husband of seven years.
One year from now, I hope you'll be: 
Enjoying life.  Letting go of unnecessary worries and anxieties.  Asking for help when you need it.  Trusting in yourself and others.  A faithful follower of Jesus Christ.  Blessed with a child.  Loving your husband.  Living in the foothills.  Writing down your thoughts; telling your stories.  Scrapbooking and shooting pictures.  Following your creative juices and being kind to yourself.
Love, 
Jennie
P.S. Take a daily multivitamin, too.
P.P.S. Get back on the exercise bandwagon.

I wrote this letter one year ago as part of Ali Edwards' One Little Word class.  But I'd completely forgotten that I submitted it to the FutureMe website for delivery one year in the future.

So, you can imagine my surprise and excitement when it appeared in my email inbox earlier today.  

Reading through the second part of the letter, I was filled with utter gratitude and joy.  

Why?  

Well, most of what I wrote has happened or is currently happening in my life.  

The biggest blessing: My almost 4-month-old son who is healthy and happy and has the cutest chipmunk cheeks I've ever laid eyes on. 

Now, that's not to say that all of my hopes were realized.  

I'm still working on curbing my worries, and I haven't done much scrapbooking lately. 

But I see the value in writing down my hopes/dreams/goals.  I truly believe that if you never articulate your hopes/dreams/goals, you'll never reach them.   

Right now, I'm in the process of writing another letter to my future self (using the same format), which I plan to submit via FutureMe.  

I can't wait to read it one year from now.
_____________________________________________________________________
Are you interested in writing a letter to your future self?  Visit the FutureMe website.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...