Monday, November 19, 2012

What's Cookin'?

Quick Beef Turkey Empanada
I go through phases.

Sometimes, I really like to cook.  I'm super motivated and organized--searching out recipes, creating grocery lists, going shopping, and then heading into the kitchen. 

Generally, this desire to cook is spurred by a recent cookbook purchase, a Pinterest idea, or a recommendation from a family member or friend.

This summer, I was really cookin' in the kitchen.

That's when I started this blog post, listing out all of the dinner dishes I was making.

Then, I fell into a cooking slump, where I just wasn't feelin' it.

Earlier this week, I had a thought: Why not finish this blog post?  Maybe, just maybe, it will motivate me to get back to cooking.   

We'll see if it works.  But if not, at least you may find a recipe or two you'll want to try. 

Here are ten dinner dishes I've made in the past six months.

1) Cheesy Chicken Rotini
Easy and delicious dish that takes about 40 minutes to prepare.
{4/5 stars}

2) Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
Quick, easy and yummy! Just stick 4 ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and it will be ready when you arrive home. Goes great with white or brown rice.  Brian and I make this chicken dish practically every other week.
{5/5 stars} 

3) Baked Spaghetti, The "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book
A twist on spaghetti.  Not a spectacular dish, but good nevertheless.
(3.5/5 stars}
 
4) Baked Chicken Provolone, The "I Don't Know How to Cook" Book
Very simple recipe.  Great for a rookie cook.
{3.5/5stars}

5) Quick Turkey Enchiladas, The Best Simple Recipes
Fast and easy; a frequent weeknight option for our family. 
{4/5 stars}

6) Spicy Sausage Pasta, The Best Simple Recipes
This is one of our favorite dishes!  Brian liked it so much that he now makes it at the fire station.
{5/5 stars}

7) Sauteed Chicken with Mustard and Dill Sauce, The Best Simple Recipes
This dish was also a hit!  Brian requested I make it again. 
{5/5 stars}

8) Creamy Chicken and Biscuit Bake, The Best Simple Recipes
While this recipe is rather time-consuming and expensive to make, it is really TASTY!
{4.5/5 stars} 

9) Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches with Slaw, The Best Simple Recipes
These sandwiches are super yummy!  I'll definitely make this recipe again.
{5/5 stars}

10) Quick Beef Turkey Empanadas, The Best Simple Recipes
I'd never made empanadas before, but they turned out okay.  As you can see in the photo above, they weren't gorgeous (I need more practice assembling them), but they were delicious.  This recipe calls for beef, but I substituted turkey instead.  I loved using fresh cilantro from my herb garden.
{4/5 stars}

What easy dinner recipes do you love?  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...