Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day in the Life, April 2013

Last month, I decided to join Ali Edwards in documenting a day in my life.

It was a very spontaneous thing.

As in, I read a blog post from Ali the day before and thought, You know, I haven't participated in over a year...I'm in!

Usually, when I participate in Day in the Life, I take copious notes and snap a boatload of photos with my big camera.  This time, though, I wanted it to be less time-consuming and less stressful, so I did three things differently.

1) I didn't take any notes.

2) I shot only 20 photos, using my iPhone 4.

3) I processed 12 of those photos using the app, PicTapGo.

Then, the following day, I bought this 12x12 layered template from Cathy Zielske.

After opening the template in Photoshop (yes, I'm now working in CS5 exclusively!), I simply plugged in my twelve photos, added the times (easily found under Properties>General>Modified or Properties>Details>Date Modified), typed in the journaling, and then changed the color of the text. 

And here's how the layout turned out:


I can't wait to pick up this printed layout at Costco!

Speaking of printing items at Costco, I definitely want to get in the habit again of printing out my photos.  Last year, I regularly shot, processed, and printed photos for my Project Life binder.  This year, while I'm still shooting and processing photos, I'm not printing them and documenting our days as much as I'd like to.

I've got an idea percolating in my mind for how I can quickly and easily document each month using words + photos.

Stay tuned.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...