Monday, September 30, 2013

2013 Photo Album

There is no doubt: I am a memory keeper.

For a few years, Project Life worked well for housing my photos and stories.  

But this year, I decided to try something new.  Or rather, old.  Let me explain...





Originally, this black Crate & Barrel photo album, which I purchased back in 2010, held my greeting cards.

But now that I'm no longer creating cards, I decided to make it the home for my 2013 photos.

Let's take a quick peek inside, shall we?

Here is a look at the two February pages.



I especially love the photo of Tori (the bride), Chenoah, and me.  What a fun wedding! 

On the first page of each month, I've included a Month in Review card from Cathy Zielske.  It's the perfect size for encapsulating each month's goings-on.  And I love that I can easily change the color, depending on what coordinates best with the photos or what strikes my fancy.       

And the best part?  It's free!  Check it out HERE.

Now, turning to March...

The photo of Noah, right below the Month in Review card, is the first time I was able to capture him walking on his own with my DSLR.  I was so excited to get that shot!

To make it easier for me to quickly type up the Month in Review cards, I jot down events on our family calendar in the kitchen as well as on my iPhone calendar.  

Here are the April pages:



Not only do I love looking through this album, but so does Noah.

When he sneaks into my office (I usually leave the door closed because he likes to turn off my computer), Noah first stops to gaze at the Tractor Love layout and then he grabs this album.  He sets the book down on the floor and flips through the pages.  We talk about the who, the what and the when, briefly. 

For those few minutes, I'm in heaven, enjoying and appreciating our family photos, with my son.  
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...