Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week in the Life 2013 | Monday

Yesterday morning, I woke up really excited to begin Week in the Life and document my day.

Of course, I love any excuse to shoot with my big camera!  And toting my iPhone around with me everywhere has become a habit.  

Throughout the day, I jotted down my thoughts on a blank piece of paper.  (Since I'm not planning to keep my notes after this week, it didn't make sense to use up the precious lined paper in my leather-bound journal.)  I started each sentence with an -ing word--a technique I've used before, which makes it faster and easier to get my thoughts down on paper.

You might also notice that I didn't include any times or keep track of how many photos I took.  I felt that for this year's Week in the Life it was best to streamline the process as much as possible.

Unless otherwise noted, all photos were taken with my Nikon D700 and processed using Photoshop and RadLab.   

Here's a look at my day:


Saying "good morning" to Lucy.  His name fits him perfectly--Noah loves animals. 

Eating a little bit of Life cereal, a little bit of shredded wheat, and some whole milk.  Oh, and if you look closely, you'll see that one of Noah's tractors jumped right into the bowl.  {Photo taken with my iPhone 4 and processed using the PicTapGo app.}

 Perusing Popular Photography and Parents magazines.
  
Shopping at Costco (Brian and Noah).

Feeling sore from running the Run to Remember 10k on Sunday.

Drinking a lot of water. 

Reading the biographies of three people who were killed on September 11: Patricia Malia Colodner, Paul Friedman, and Claudia Foster.

 
Admiring himself in the Subaru car door, while donning his cowboy hat and drinking his smoothie.{Photo taken with my iPhone 4 and processed using the PicTapGo app.}

Pre-ordering Chris Young's A.M. CD, due out 9.18.13.  So excited to hear Chris's new music!


Watching Monday night football.  (Too bad the Redskins lost!)


Picking pears (Brian).  Throwing rocks into the creek (Noah).


Hanging out on the steps while Brian picked more pears (we have four pear trees). 


Gazing up at the moon before heading inside for a bath.  

I'll be back tomorrow with more photos and observations.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...