Friday, March 6, 2015

Adoption Update | Winter


As I mentioned back in this June blog post,  I'm making a more concerted effort this time around to document the adoption process--not only for me (I enjoy rereading old posts from time-to-time), but also for people who might be interested in learning about how private domestic adoption works.

Here's what I've done since the last update in September:

 COMPLETED:
  • UPGRADED to a paying subscription on Adoptimist. (Adoptimist is no longer offering free profiles.)  
  • MAILED out more pass-along cards to friends. (Thanks to those of you who requested them!)
  • SHARED with our priest that we're looking to adopt after a fellow parishioner mentioned to me that there was a woman in the church considering adoption. 
  • ANSWERED questions from friends and acquaintances and friends-of-friends who are interested in pursuing domestic adoption. (I'm always willing to share what I know with others who are thinking about adoption or want some advice about how to navigate the process. If you have questions, email me at: brianandjennieadopt@gmail.com.)
  • PAINTED the nursery walls gray. I can't take any credit--it was all Brian! (Thanks, Babe!)
CURRENTLY: 
  • WORKING with a videographer to create a 3-minute video about us and why we want to adopt again. To be honest, I'd much rather be behind the camera than in front of it, but I see the value in a birth mother or birth parents being able to view us on screen and hear us tell our story. (When the video is completed--hopefully in the next few weeks--I'll be sharing it here on my blog as well as on YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook.) 
  •  DECORATING the nursery. I know some of you might be thinking, But wait, you haven't adopted the baby yet. You haven't even matched yet. I totally hear you. My husband thinks I'm a little nuts, too. Smile. But I just know in my heart that it will happen. And right now, decorating the nursery is helping me to prepare for our daughter's arrival--whenever and however that may come. Even though I've never met her, with each purchase I make, with each picture frame I set up, with each outfit I hang up in the closet, she's growing more and more in my heart.
THANK YOU all for your continued support of our dream to adopt a baby girl. Truly!

On days when I'm feeling slightly discouraged, I pull out the pages of supportive and loving Facebook comments you left for me back in early June--when I first announced our desire to adopt again--and I re-read every. single. kind. word. 

Your thoughtful and sweet comments always bring a smile to my face, and remind me how many people are praying for us and supporting us and pulling for us and loving us through this process.

I think Paul Coelho had it right when he wrote: "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it."

Huge hugs,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...