Monday, November 26, 2012

December Daily 2012 Foundation Pages


I'm once again participating in Ali Edwards' December Daily project.

Last week, while Noah napped, I happily assembled the beginnings of my December Daily album while listening to Christmas music on Pandora (Station: Holiday).

This year, I've created a small book with SUPER simple pages, keeping the focus right where I want it to be--on the pictures and the journaling. 

Here's a look at my 4x6 album:



This album from Michael's will hold 36 photos.  (Cost: $4.99)  

Right now, here's what the inside looks like:



The printable pages, created by Ali Edwards, can be purchased here.  (Cost: $5.99)

You have the option to print the cards in green, red, black or gray.  I chose to print half in green and half in red.  



I added ribbon to the first two pages...
 


 ...and patterned paper (from my holiday scrapbooking stash) to the third and fourth pages.


I slid the rest of the printed pages into the album with plans to add pictures on the top and decorate the bottom with stickers/washi tape/sequins/buttons later on.

Or I may decide to add the date overlay directly on to some of my photos (using Photoshop Elements), and then print them out.

Speaking of photos, starting December 1, I'll be taking at least one picture a day until Christmas.  You know me, though...I'll probably take way more than one photo a day.  I'll be using my Nikon D90 and my iphone. 

I've posted this December Daily photo idea list up in my office, just in case I run out of photo ideas.

I also reread this Ali Edwards' blog post, which contains some great December Daily ideas and inspiration.

During the month of December, in addition to taking photos, I'll be typing notes in my iPhone.  My goal is to jot down one story from each day.  In time, I'll add these stories to my album. 

I'm so glad December is just a few days away because I'm SUPER excited to document this holiday season in pictures + words!

Want to join in the fun?  Curious to see what others are creating?  Click here to view an assortment of foundation pages and albums.  







P.S. In 2010, I completed a 6x8 December Daily album and shared it here on my blog.  In case you missed them, here are those posts:

December Daily, Days 1-5

December Daily, Days 6-10

December Daily, Days 11-15

December Daily, Days 16-20

December Daily, Days 21-25

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your idea for a 4x6 album. It is really cute.

Anonymous said...

looks great and very do-able! :)

Rosie said...

Love your take and such a good idea to use a regular 4x6 album!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...